Gym Hours: Monday & Thursday 5:30 - 7:00
Saturday Morning 10:30 - 12:00
Phone 219-987-2066

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Update

It's been awhile since I've updated the blog here. A few days after writing the last post I suffered a mild heart attack. For a guy who exercised like a fiend and watched his diet, it came as quite a shock to myself and many others. I underwent emergency angioplasty and had a couple of stents installed. I retired from my teaching position after being released from the doctor and I'm back at the gym a couple of days a week. I've made some changes to my lifestyle and I'm feeling better than I have for a couple of years. Thanks to everyone who helped out in my absence and for all the get well wishes.

Things have been going well at the gym and Jonah, who was featured in the last post, just won again at the Silver Gloves along with three more of our fighters. They are now preparing to fight in Michigan in January.

We've got several new people coming to the gym as well as our core group who've been with us for awhile. It's a fine collection of athletes big and small, young and old, male and female. It looks like we'll have a good group to take to the Golden Gloves this year. We'll be picking up the intensity of the training for them starting with the new year.

I'll see if I can't keep things here with the blog a little more current in the upcoming new year as well as fill you in on some of the events of the past summer.

Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us at the Demotte Boxing Club.


No comments:

Post a Comment